Hope is the thing with feathers...




Just when I think I've read all the most beautiful Emily Dickinson poems I discover a new one. A nice wish for the New Year.  This is also makes me think about living life simply. Technology provides us with great tools and ever increasing ways of communicating but it doesn't always simplify things. Maybe its my age (!) but I am increasingly finding joy in the most basic things.  Walking to work taking photos of the clouds or feeding the crows in the park. It makes me so happy and sets me up for the day.  I feel like I want to slow down and not feel like I'm running around chasing my own tail - sounds like its definitely my age!


If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

Labels: ,