Maintenance in progress - Domain switching disabled


 
Eeeek! I have been thinking about redirecting my domain angelacallanan.com to my blog here for ages. It was on my list...finally yesterday I followed the instructions on the Google Help Pages and the redirection was put in place but now it won't redirect to my blog because of this annoying message.

Maintenance in progress - Domain switching disabled.

I have Googled it but all you can find is posts on other people's blogs saying they've just purchased a domain and cannot redirect it to their blog. I made a vain attempt to go back to the old Blogger Interface just in case it was something wrong with the new set up but its the same in there.

I have sent feedback to Google but there is nothing on any of their help pages about this. It seems to have been down since Wednesday the 12th. I know this is a free service but there should be at least some kind of announcement and perhaps an expected resolution date?

Now when you go to my website all you get is this lovely picture.



Its really annoying because the first part of the instructions tell you how to put the redirection on in the Control Panel of your Domain Reigstrar's Website you don't realise until you go to the final part of the instructions which is on Blogger go to - Settings Basic tab. Find the area for "Publishing," that you can't do it. Now if there was a problem with this I wished it had stopped me at the beginning and said something like "There is currently a problem with Domain Redirection please do not redirect until this is resolved...." (or you will have no website!!)

OK so I'm not a big business and I will not lose out too much by not having my domain visible. I am not going to whine and say this is costing me money (if I was really serious about this I wouldn't be using a free service) but it is still really annoying!

Update - 21st September 2012
This is now resolved. Publishing now looks like this. However, I am not going to use Google for this now. If this breaks again I could be without a website. So in one way it was a good thing :-)



Labels: