Cosmeston Lakes, Cardiff - Lovely Little Birds

Long Tailed Tit


Saw these lovely little Long Tailed Tits at Cosmeston Lakes today. I feel like I am 'glued' to the computer these days - especially after my Hotmail account was hacked on Tuesday - I've had a bit of a stressful week; so a nice walk in Cosmeston was lovely. I think after Blue Tits, Long Tailed Tits are my second favourite little bird. They hang around in little gangs and because they are so small when the roost at night they always huddle in little groups to keep warm. They are very lively so it was difficult to get one sitting still.  Of course I also saw my favourite little bird there too - the Blue Tit.  Today was also the RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch  so I sat for an hour and counted the birds in my own garden after I came back from Cosmeston Lakes. A lovely antidote to computers, nasty hackers, and trying to convince MSN to give me my account back (its still frozen and I am trying to prove to them I am me!)

Long Tailed Tits, Cosmestion Lakes, Cardiff

Long Tailed Tits, Cosmeston Lakes, Cardiff

BlueTit, Cosmeston Lakes, Cardiff

Labels: ,