A Little Bit of Fun

Angela's Artist Statement

Through my work I attempt to examine the phenomenon of Porky Pig as a methaphorical interpretation of both Kandinsky and whelk fishing.

What began as a personal journey of feckism has translated into images of spaghetti and hands that resonate with Irish people to question their own blueness.

My mixed media whelks embody an idiosyncratic view of Krishnamurthy, yet the familiar imagery allows for a connection between Elvis, whelks and fish & chips.

My work is in the private collection of Linda Gray who said 'fecking eejits!, that's some real transmogrify Art.'

I am a recipient of a grant from Folsom Prison where I served time for stealing mugs and tie clips from the gift shop of The National Museum of Wales. I have exhibited in group shows at Nandos and The National Portrait Gallery, though not at the same time. I currently spend my time between my kitchen and Berlin.


ARTIST STATEMENT GENERATOR 2000
Found this on this great blog belonging to Emily Eakes I think the reason I like it so much is that sometimes no matter how hard you try, an artist's statement just sounds so pretentious. Have a go, I'd love to see what other people come up with! Also, while your at it check out Emily's blog and Etsy Shop Great work.

Labels: ,